Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titanosaur Notice

3 posters

Go down

Titanosaur Notice Empty Titanosaur Notice

Post by BreakMeDown4 Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Though it would appear that having more than the 3 Titanosaurs, which we'd thought was for PvP balancing purposes, was server safe I have noticed a small detail that we may have overlooked. Any tests run about the Titanosaurs being safe to have more than 3 on a single game were most likely tested at close range, where they were fully rendered. Here's the issue though.

Titanosaurs render like trees.

Up close the game may appear to be fine, but these dinos and their movements render at long distances too.
You can see them much further out than any regular spawn, similarly to tree rendering. This, coupled with not just their size but the fact they are moving AIs can be a lot heavier on the server. Although just going beyond 3 we may be fine, if it piles on too high we can be looking at some bigger issues that effects our game experience.

Just a grain of salt to take into consideration.
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Dino DNA : 59
Fossil Fuel : 5
Location : The magical land of bipolar bears, beavers and CANNUCK MCFREEDOM

Back to top Go down

Titanosaur Notice Empty Re: Titanosaur Notice

Post by Oxidize Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:00 am

I honestly believe, Keeping it one per Tribe (Greater than three players) Would balance it out greatly.

Not only do they have to tame it on their own, By reaching almost max level but having a tribe fit to need one and only one.

So, I doubt it would ever get too bad. If it does though.

I recommend we perhaps just take them out of game, all together. So there is no fighting, No sputes. However, the onlything they are even used for is raiding. So they're just...
Literally to show off.

They don't lay eggs.
They all come in the same color.
There is no point to them, besides to collect all the Dino's.
I'm sure some players will want their Poo but.. They have plenty of others to choose from.
Oxidize
Oxidize
Admin

Dino DNA : 62
Fossil Fuel : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by zombycat Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 am

Now I've got this image in my head of a titanosaur in a pokeball...
zombycat
zombycat

Dino DNA : 39
Fossil Fuel : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down