Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARK Server Settings Discussion

2 posters

Go down

ARK Server Settings Discussion Empty ARK Server Settings Discussion

Post by BreakMeDown4 Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 am

What kind of multipliers do you think we should have on the ARK server post-wipe?

That being effective taming speed and efficiency, gathering rates, resource respawn rates, experience rates, dino spawn rates, maybe even night and day speeds. A little surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but even if we aren't quite ready to apply these multipliers the least we can do is prep, with all of our pent up impatience~

Let's hear what you think.

Last edited by BreakMeDown4 on Fri May 20, 2016 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Dino DNA : 59
Fossil Fuel : 5
Location : The magical land of bipolar bears, beavers and CANNUCK MCFREEDOM

Back to top Go down

ARK Server Settings Discussion Empty Re: ARK Server Settings Discussion

Post by BreakMeDown4 Fri May 20, 2016 10:20 am

Personally, I'm feeling...
XPMultiplier=1.5
TamingSpeedMultiplier=3
HarvestAmountMultiplier=2.3
PlayerResistanceMultiplier=0.8
HarvestHealthMultiplier=1.99
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=3
To explain, I don't want to be scaling levels like a madman, but I do enjoy a small buff, taking into account the later levels of the game where leveling gets rather... slow. We all like taming speeds to be quicker, so that one's a given. And, of course, I like getting more out of what I gather, though 2.3 may seem a bit random it's a nice number for getting more but not getting too much.
Now, player resistance is one I don't believe we've given much word on, but a 0.8 would make us just a bit more resistant to damage. Though that's good and bad, it'd be a subtle but helpful difference for most people.
The Harvest Health is one I'd like to elaborate on a bit too. 1.99 would ensure that things have nearly twice as much harvest health, but it wouldn't allow single pickup items to need to be double-tapped for the node to vanish, which has become ever so cumbersome to me, personally.
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Back to top Go down

Post by AnimalV87 Fri May 20, 2016 12:49 pm

I've been playing Ark on console recently (PvP is best played on a console). And have found a option for egg drop rate (as well as Poop rate Rolling Eyes ).

It would be great to have the egg drop rate option for P.C
Dino Spawn rate, XP and Taming should be set high or medium.
AnimalV87
AnimalV87

Dino DNA : 19
Fossil Fuel : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by BreakMeDown4 Fri May 20, 2016 2:15 pm

AnimalV87 wrote:I've been playing Ark on console recently (PvP is best played on a console). And have found a option for egg drop rate (as well as Poop rate :roll: ).

It would be great to have the egg drop rate option for P.C
Dino Spawn rate, XP and Taming should be set high or medium.
Ohhh, forgot about the egg rates! And the maturation rates for that matter, lol.
Personally I'd go,
LayEggIntervalMultiplier=0.5 (effective x2 laying rate)
I dunno which way the MatingIntervalMultiplier, EggHatchSpeedMultiplier and BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier 's work, but, respectively, I'd go half time between mating intervals, eggs hatching at two times the speed and maturation rates 1.4x quicker. I mean, it's more normal to want a higher maturation speed, but... it just hurts so much, watching'em grow so fast. TuT
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down