Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove Death Helper mod from the server

2 posters

Go down

How should the death helper mod be handled?

Remove Death Helper mod from the server I_vote_lcap13%Remove Death Helper mod from the server I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Remove Death Helper mod from the server I_vote_lcap50%Remove Death Helper mod from the server I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Remove Death Helper mod from the server I_vote_lcap37%Remove Death Helper mod from the server I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Remove Death Helper mod from the server Empty Remove Death Helper mod from the server

Post by Cymas Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:16 am

This poll is in reference to this thread: Mod Update Issues.

TL;DR the Death Helper mod doesn't update the way other mods do and causes problems every time it does update, resulting in server downtime.

As of this post, the server has currently been down for over 24 hours because only certain admins have the ability to resolve the issue, and it often takes multiple attempts to do so.

While the death helper mod is certainly useful, the cost to the server may be too high. That is the purpose of this poll, to help the admins decide if it's worth keeping the mod at the expense of extended downtime during every update.
Cymas
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

Back to top Go down

Remove Death Helper mod from the server Empty Re: Remove Death Helper mod from the server

Post by Astaroshe Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:25 pm

In fact all mods have to be updated manually. Most of our mods are final though so we don't have to update them at all. The normal Server-Updates are completely separate from mod-updates. Death helper just is a mod that seems to require constant updates from time to time most likely since some regular updates for Ark seem to break it.
Astaroshe
Astaroshe

Dino DNA : 244
Fossil Fuel : 7

Back to top Go down