Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server mod issues

4 posters

Go down

Server mod issues Empty Server mod issues

Post by Nattytash123 Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:08 am

It says the servers on but when I see my server listings its not there so I go and join directly via ip and it comes up saying ensure your mods are up to date I heard that one of the mods is failing to update (death helper) if it can't be fixed why not just get rid of the mod till its fixable as some people want to play and losing one mod isn't the end of the world is it?

Nattytash123

Dino DNA : 72
Fossil Fuel : 3

Back to top Go down

Server mod issues Empty Re: Server mod issues

Post by Kisston Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:37 pm

I have been thinking of this same thing, as every time this mod updates we end up in this same predicament of not being able to join the server. As useful as death helper is in game it is super frustrating that it doesnt update through the normal steam update system (I tried 3 times, Crying Sloth and it didnt work). I am hoping that this can get resolved swiftly, and ask that people be patient. If i could fix this i would have the instant i saw the mod had updated.
Kisston
Kisston

Dino DNA : 101
Fossil Fuel : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Nattytash123 Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:10 pm

is it possible to turn the server off till then as I'm concerned about my timers of our base

Nattytash123

Dino DNA : 72
Fossil Fuel : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymas Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:19 pm

I know we can vote to add things to the server, could we also then vote to have things removed? I've never used it myself *knock on wood* but I know the death helper is extremely useful for the myriad of inconvenient deaths we all suffer from time to time. But since it seems to be causing ongoing server issues, perhaps the value is not worth the cost.
Cymas
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisston Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:59 am

@Natty i'm going to do just that, as updating or removing the mod would require it shut down anyways, and having a poll to remove death helper is a good idea. I need to talk to the others about this situation, or at least ryke, so we are all on the same page. I too have only had to use death helper once, and sometimes click the finder just to hear the starcraft soundbite XD, but i would not be sad to see this mod go if it meant easier updating as this seems to be the only one of our mods that causes problems like this.
Kisston
Kisston

Dino DNA : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagasol Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:28 am

I haven't used it even once, and if it causes problems, it would probably be best if it got removed. At least until the issue has been sorted.
Sagasol
Sagasol

Dino DNA : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymas Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:19 am

I created a community poll here to help us figure out what to do with this problem mod.
Cymas
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum