Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Server Worth it For Me?

4 posters

Go down

Is the Server Worth it For Me? Empty Is the Server Worth it For Me?

Post by Nettai Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:25 pm

I'm assuming the wipe that people have been talking about has happened and the ARK server has begun anew, so I have a couple questions about the server...

First and foremost: how many people are on it? I know one of the problems that kept occurring when I quit playing was the lack of room on the server. People kept coming in and blocking spawns or building too close to other people. Is this still a problem, or has it died down a bit since then?

Secondly: how much time would I have to dedicate to be able to keep up with the other players? Another factor that contributed to my previous leaving--time. I wasn't able to play this game everyday 24/7 and I'm still not able to commit to that. If I were to hop back on it'd probably be only a few times a week, and I'd be recording for YouTube a lot of that time. Basically, I just don't want to have the server filled with super advanced individuals while I'm stuck back in the thatch age. Of course, if there's only a few people that play on the server this would be less of a problem because I'd still have plenty of room without needing to be a server superpower.

Next up: what is the tribe situation like? This is just a very broad question; are there many tribes? Are the tribes super dedicated? Are tribes restricted to certain zones? Yeah.

Finally: what's the organization like? Again, this is a throwback to the state the server was in when I quit. There was a lack of control; people were arguing and shouting at each other, but nothing was accomplished.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope someone can answer my questions because I'd like to get back into ARK in some way or another.

Nettai
Nettai

Dino DNA : 8
Fossil Fuel : 0

https://www.youtube.com/c/Nettai

Back to top Go down

Is the Server Worth it For Me? Empty Re: Is the Server Worth it For Me?

Post by Tiffzilla Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:05 pm

The server doesn't have many people, so there should be plenty of room to build, and, no, you do not have to be a superpower. Tribes, as far as I have seen, are not too many, are dedicated, and are, for the most part, restricted to certain zones. Organization has vastly improved, due to the introduction of new moderators (such as myself), with the server under proper control from an amazing team of admins.

So yes, it's worth getting back on.

Last edited by Tiffzilla on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiffzilla
Tiffzilla

Dino DNA : 104
Fossil Fuel : 4

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC817et_XxOMeYYR_yMkuNeA/feature

Back to top Go down

Post by DefectedZombie Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:46 am

To clarify the server is not under the control of simply one admin, infact due to a lot of question of fairness we have reworked our entire system on the server. The "power" no longer rests with a single admin nor any admin, but with the community player base. Most major decisions are now done via a community vote, giving the player base the ability to choose how they want the server. As far as how the admin are now working we are trying to work more directly with the playerbase as well, to ensure everyones generally happy upon the game. Nothing is ever left up to a single admin as everything done is now done via a team of admin. To provide a more efficient work force.

As far as the rest of your concerns in regards to the server, hop on take a look, and should ya need anything your more then welcome to ask.
DefectedZombie
DefectedZombie
Admin

Dino DNA : 295
Fossil Fuel : 12

http://www.slothservers.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymas Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 am

1. You must have been playing quite some time ago, it's been a long time since the server was overpopulated. When BIS stopped actively playing Ark or advertising the server, the population dropped off dramatically. There are still a decent number of people, just a lot less randoms making thatch hovels all over the place and peacing out after a couple days. Also, autodemo is on so abandoned bases do not take up room the way they used to.

2. This is a PVE server, what does it matter how advanced other people/tribes are? Everyone plays at their own pace, some faster/more than others. Also tribe exp is pretty op and can boost players quite a bit faster than solo play. We have players ranging in level from fresh start to 70+, and usually the higher leveled players are willing to help everyone else, especially in this post-wipe environment when we're all still getting back on our feet. Multipliers are also higher than ever (but not excessively so), so I think you'll find the "thatch age" doesn't last very long anymore. You also get a care package that will help you get going quickly.

3. There are tribes. There are fewer tribes but a higher number of people tribing, if that makes sense. A lot of us spent a long time playing solo and decided to change it up and join with others, so there are less random tribes and the ones that exist are better established because people know each other. Tribes aren't restricted but you will find most of us have already claimed and established our own "territories"; after previous experiences with a crowded server, most tribes are forgoing outposts and other small bases scattered across the map and instead are using one larger main base.

Since you seem rather concerned about the status of other players, yes some tribes are more "alpha" than others; it is unavoidable that some will be larger and stronger than others. However, due to the nature of the server community and most of us being long term members of it, you'll find there really isn't that much competition aside from the friendly sort.

4. Ryk answered this one already so I won't repeat it.

Overall if you're looking for a more mature, established server this is one to consider. Things are much less chaotic than they used to be, and people are a lot more laid back these days. There's no harm in stopping by to check things out and decide if you want to play here again, no?
Cymas
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down