Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming Down With - *cough*

4 posters

Go down

Coming Down With - *cough* Empty Coming Down With - *cough*

Post by BreakMeDown4 Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:17 pm

So, looking at the tide of things, Swamp Fever seems to be generally... out of control. It's unknown whether or not the devs intend on "nerfing" the disease, so we're kind of stuck with it for now. So, while the server is wiping let's figure out an approach to this- because if you haven't noticed, Ark is kind of blowing up right now due to this disease.

Firstly, we're a PvE server.

That means the only way to contract the disease is directly from diseased leeches, tribe mates and your tribe's animals, you cannot contract it from other players and their tames.

Second, the antidote... is not cheap.

The lesser antidote consists of 10 Rare Flowers, 10 Rare Mushrooms, 1 Rhino Horn and 10 Leech Blood, crafted in the Mortar & Pestle. The greater- Swamp Fever specific- antidote requires 40 Rare Flowers, 40 Rare Mushrooms, 20 Leech Blood and 5 Rhino Horns, and is crafted at a Chemistry Table. Which generally means we won't have access to the more effective antidote until somebody reaches the level to build a Chemistry Table.

Lastly, the disease is... non-lethal?

Swamp Fever does not directly kill you. It reduces some of your stats to some degree and increases your water drain, also deters stamina replenishment a bit. On the off hand, it also indirectly causes slight blinding due to the "sick mist" effect. Generally speaking, Swamp Fever is only a huge inconvenience and handicap.

Is there anything we can do about it?

There are a few things we can do to avoid Swamp Fever.

Firstly, we can always simply avoid the swamps, and thus avoid leeches until something is done about the disease- if ever.

Second, we can see if we can alter the recipe for the antidotes within the server settings, and balance it accordingly to make it easier for us to handle; i.e. removing need of Rhino Horns, lessening the need of Leech Blood and Rare Mushrooms/Flowers, etc.

Or, lastly, we can just take it head on.

Now, I present this information along with these possibilities, it's up to everybody else to make use of them to determine if any action should take place against this disease. In any case, I'd advise us all to take utmost care in avoiding it.
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Dino DNA : 59
Fossil Fuel : 5
Location : The magical land of bipolar bears, beavers and CANNUCK MCFREEDOM

Back to top Go down

Coming Down With - *cough* Empty Re: Coming Down With - *cough*

Post by Tiffzilla Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:35 pm

It would seem that the devs have forgotten to add a vaccine mechanic.
Tiffzilla
Tiffzilla

Dino DNA : 104
Fossil Fuel : 4

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC817et_XxOMeYYR_yMkuNeA/feature

Back to top Go down

Post by BreakMeDown4 Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Tiffzilla wrote:It would seem that the devs have forgotten to add a vaccine mechanic.
I think if we were at least able to develop an immunity to it, even if temporarily after overcoming it, that'd be fine by my books, but the disease is, so far, completely unbalanced at this point and time. :|
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagasol Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:29 am

According to the latest hotfix, the disease has been nerfed (as I understood it) and the need for rhino horns have been replaced with narcotics.
Sagasol
Sagasol

Dino DNA : 65
Fossil Fuel : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by BreakMeDown4 Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 am

Sagasol wrote:According to the latest hotfix, the disease has been nerfed (as I understood it) and the need for rhino horns have been replaced with narcotics.
Yes, I saw.
BreakMeDown4
BreakMeDown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymas Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 am

That is correct. From the patch notes:

* Changed Rhino Horn requirement to Narcotic on Lesser Antidote. Made Lesser Antidote Disease Immunity last 3 minutes.
* Leech Blood now spoils after 3 hours (Stackable in Quantities of 50), can be stored in Fridge. Made leech blood more common to harvest.
* Made Swamp Fever increase movement speed by 20% and decrease rate of food, water, and oxygen consumption by 50%.
* Made Swamp Fever not able to be transmitted through collisions/walls.
* Among current non-human creatures, now only Tamed Dodos can be infected with Swamp Fever. (as intended). Any existing infected dinos are cleared on sever launch.
* Bug Repellent now repels Leeches and bug repellent now works when applied to your Tamed Dinos
* Attached Leech no longer drains Stamina.
* Reduced rate by about 70% of Diseased Leeches in Swamps, as intended.
* Water/Amphibious creatures are no longer targeted by Leeches. (swamp native Wink

There is also a new server option to completely disable diseases now as well.
Cymas
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down