Sloth Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Collision Mod

+2
Oxidize
oPtimus
6 posters

Go down

Do you want the New no collision mod? (HINT: yeah u do)

No Collision Mod I_vote_lcap83%No Collision Mod I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
No Collision Mod I_vote_lcap17%No Collision Mod I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

No Collision Mod Empty No Collision Mod

Post by oPtimus Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:16 am

Why to Vote Yes!

Are you f@$ing tired of a pillar not placing for no reason. That one foundation thats clipped to far into the ground (like WTF why) Then vote yes saying you want the better no collision mod. This one requires no engrams and works better. We should still keep the old collision mod so the structures using it dont demolish.

why to vote no

There is virtually no reason not to vote yes to this so just dont go there
oPtimus
oPtimus

Dino DNA : 9
Fossil Fuel : 0

Back to top Go down

No Collision Mod Empty Re: No Collision Mod

Post by Oxidize Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:22 am

._. I agree.

I am tired of having to relearn engrams and waste points constantly.

I believe it was silly to even use the other one, after everyone is so far into the game already...
Oxidize
Oxidize
Admin

Dino DNA : 62
Fossil Fuel : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Astaroshe Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:24 am

It would be helpful if you link the mod in question here, since of the 3 no collision mods I know, one is broken since some time now, the other is unsupported and actually replaces vanilla engrams which is sth I'd rather not do and the last one is the one currently active
Astaroshe
Astaroshe

Dino DNA : 244
Fossil Fuel : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by oPtimus Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Astaroshe wrote:It would be helpful if you link the mod in question here, since of the 3 no collision mods I know, one is broken since some time now, the other is unsupported and actually replaces vanilla engrams which is sth I'd rather not do and the last one is the one currently active

Sorry for not linking it, everyone was talking about this holly mod of all mods so I figured everyone knew. Not sure which one they where talking about, do the other two allow better clipping? Also whats wrong with replacing vanilla engrams?
oPtimus
oPtimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymas Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:43 am

There is an alternate option pending:

Survivor, Kody.Gloval, asks, “One of the biggest issues with building is the clipping. Is it possible to put something in an .ini file to disable clipping for a private server?”

Sure, in the next Major PC update I’ll add a server option to disable that, though for performance and trolling reasons I wouldn’t recommend it unless you trust your server’s players not to exploit or are RP-ing (i.e. players sticking structures under the terrain, etc).

Source: Ark Digest 36
Cymas
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Astaroshe Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:06 am

Replacing vanilla engrams means that any changes the devs in their more or less reasoned minds decide are not applied to replaced engrams unless the mod author edits it. More importantly though if sth with the mod goes wrong all stuctures would vanish if we have to remove it since there are no vanilla structures around. On the terms of No-Clip our current one softens the sometimes harsh vanilla collision detection but is limited to a default of 50% of the structure has to be not obstructed. This is mainly a limitation due to how the Game handles that (mainly due to some changes in the past) Our current one has a special option to make all Structures into a foundation and we can use a override command to set engram costs. While I'd argue that setting the engram costs to 0 on it's own is a somewhat exploitable way there is a option to set them so that in order to learn them one needs to have the original engram learned. This however is quite a big chunk of code that would have to be written and thus currently is not a valid option until my exams are finished.

Regarding that ini setting for servers I'll rather wait till they actually add that to the patchnotes b4 we hype something^^
Astaroshe
Astaroshe

Back to top Go down

Post by oPtimus Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Astaroshe wrote:Replacing vanilla engrams means that any changes the devs in their more or less reasoned minds decide are not applied to replaced engrams unless the mod author edits it. More importantly though if sth with the mod goes wrong all stuctures would vanish if we have to remove it since there are no vanilla structures around. On the terms of No-Clip our current one softens the sometimes harsh vanilla collision detection but is limited to a default of 50% of the structure has to be not obstructed. This is mainly a limitation due to how the Game handles that (mainly due to some changes in the past) Our current one has a special option to make all Structures into a foundation and we can use a override command to set engram costs. While I'd argue that setting the engram costs to 0 on it's own is a somewhat exploitable way there is a option to set them so that in order to learn them one needs to have the original engram learned. This however is quite a big chunk of code that would have to be written and thus currently is not a valid option until my exams are finished.

Regarding that ini setting for servers I'll rather wait till they actually add that to the patchnotes b4 we hype something^^

I say we wait and hope the ini fix comes out and change it then
oPtimus
oPtimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Astaroshe Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:16 am

Short update on this topic. There now creeps up a new Mod that seems promising.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731604991
it also adds some new Structures like fabricator that can run on both oil  or electrictity (tbd if we add those). Some issues currently are reported but I'll keep an eye on it.
If we add them in the future I will check how and if we could possibly disable the old CS mod without you guys loosing stuff, to clean up mods and improve loading times
Astaroshe
Astaroshe

Back to top Go down

Post by zombycat Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Oooooh, that does look really interesting.
zombycat
zombycat

Dino DNA : 39
Fossil Fuel : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisston Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:32 pm

I have been testing the structures plus mod both in solo and in a server environment and i can definitively say it is one of the best no clip mods i have used, and the added glass and metal structures add new parts that are customizeable in ways to make some truely dynamic building.
Kisston
Kisston

Dino DNA : 101
Fossil Fuel : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum